EHI Experiential Retreat Upcoming Dates
2016-2017 Cohorts Experiential Dates*
• Sunday, October 23rd, 2016 - Thursday, October 27th, 2016
• Friday, March 24th, 2017 - Tuesday, Mar 28th, 2017
2017-2018 Experiential Dates Announced*
• Sunday, October 22nd, 2017 - Thursday, October 26th, 2017
• Sunday, April 8th, 2018 - April 12th, 2018
The Experiential starts at 4:00pm on the first day and ends at 1:00pm on the final day.
When planning travel to Westerbeke Ranch please note that EHI does not provide transportation up to Westerbeke Ranch, though we do encourage carpooling and initiate it with an email to all attendees prior to the retreat.
The Experientials are the heart of the EHI Education Programs and are open to Enrolled Students. Attendees are responsible for their food/lodging at the retreat center and travel to and from the retreat center.
The EHI Experientials are held at Westerbeke Ranch:
Conference and Event Center, Sonoma Valley, California
Westerbeke Ranch Conference Center
2300 Grove Street
Sonoma, CA 95476
Phone (707) 996-7546
Directions to Westerbeke Ranch here on their website
Experiential Retreat Details
The five day/four night experiential residentials are the core of EHI's training. They allow participants who are graduate students in psychology or counseling and licensed professionals to come together in a safe environment, get to know one another intimately, and experience how E-H therapy is practiced up close and personally. Each of the two experiential residentials involves a combination of relationship-building, learning of theoretical foundations, and first-hand experiences wherein theory comes to life. At times, this may involve faculty members demonstrating their way of working with clients and inviting commentary; at other times, participants work in dyads with each other, and receive direct feedback from a faculty member as they work. Through these various ways of learning, participants begin to drop into a deeper, more embodied sense of what E-H therapy has to offer. The experiential training also provide participants a way of deeply understanding how work on themselves mirrors their ability to work with clients.
- Certificate in the Foundations of Existential-Humanistic Practice
- EHI-Saybrook Certificate in the Foundations of Existential-Humanistic Practice (open to Saybrook students)
- Advanced Certificate in Existential-Humanistic Therapy Awarding Certification as an Existential-Humanistic Therapist*
- EHI Modular Training Program